Shimano Reels Torium Conventional Star Drag
The Lightweight Torium is a solidly-built star-drag saltwater reel perfect for live bait or bottom-fishing applications. Packed with features like Super Stopper, Cross Carbon Drag, A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) and High Efficiency Gearing (HEG), the Torium has it where it counts. The Torium comes in a wide range of sizes, allowing you to choose the reel that is perfect for your style of fishing.
Features & Specs
- The HAGANE Body is a highly rigid metal reel body that provides increased body stiffness and impact resistance to virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearing) stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- HEG offers better leverage and power by increasing the size of the drive gear and pinion gear. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, flex is eliminated in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- The metal construction showcased in some of finest Shimano reels now appears throughout the line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
- HGA= Standard Power Handle
- HGAL=Left Hand
- PGA= Large Power Handle